Edmundston, NB and Madawaska, ME – July 2, 2013 – Twin Rivers Paper Company announced today that it is investing $350,000 towards upgrading equipment at the company’s planer mill in Plaster Rock.
“The new equipment will allow us to operate more efficiently and improve the way we grade our lumber, which creates a more valuable product,” said Jean-Pierre Grenon, Vice President Forestry and Sawmill Operations.
This capital investment is part of the company’s long-term strategy to build a growing, profitable and sustainable business.
“We are focused on bringing new resources, operational expertise and a commitment to the future of the business,” said Grenon. “This investment is a first step in the modernization of our operations in Plaster Rock, and something that will result in almost immediate benefits.”
Twin Rivers, with facilities in Edmundston and Plaster Rock, New Brunswick, and Madawaska, Maine, has been a vital economic engine for the region for over 80 years, producing specialty papers and lumber for a variety of markets. The new leadership team will build upon the existing foundation with a view to improving market focus and increasing profitability. The company is committed to investing capital to achieve these goals. The key pillars of the strategy include:
- Operating more safely and efficiently
- Local management and committed ownership
- Expanding sawmill operation and lowering wood costs
- Ensuring exceptional manufacturing capability in lightweight papers and expanding specialty markets
For more information, please contact:
- Louise C. Merriman, Director of Communications, Twin Rivers Paper Company – 207-523-2360 (office), 207-650-0277 (mobile), email@example.com
- Christianna Williston – 506-639-0419, firstname.lastname@example.org; Sean Payne (French media) – 506-651-6762, email@example.com
About Twin Rivers Paper Company
Twin Rivers is an integrated specialty paper company that manufactures packaging, label and publishing products, with mill operations in Madawaska, Maine, and Edmundston, New Brunswick. Twin Rivers also operates a lumber sawmill located in Plaster Rock, New Brunswick. For additional information, please visit: www.twinriverspaper.com.