Committed to Operating Sustainably
As a business operating in Edmundston for 100 years, our priority is the well-being of the community in which we live and work. Stewardship and transparency are critical to the success of this important partnership. Our commitment to sustainability is a priority, and we’re proud of the work we’ve done to reduce the environmental footprint.
A few specific things we’ve done in Edmundston include:
- Eliminating the use of chlorine from the facility
- Adding a Process Safety Management (PSM) plan for our chlorine dioxide generation system
Some of our achievements across the company include:
- Reduced Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHGs) by 86% and Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) emissions by 66% since 1990
- Derived 82% of our energy used from renewable sources (2019)
- Continue to sustain a 98% beneficial reuse rate for solid waste
When it comes to regulatory compliance, our objective is always employee and community safety. Twin Rivers’ environmental and manufacturing teams work proactively to establish comprehensive and effective processes.