Our goal is to minimize environmental impact while using our resources efficiently.
Environmental compliance is central to our day-to-day operations. We voluntarily publish our performance data by facility, driving accountability, and providing transparency of information.
Key Facts (legacy Twin Rivers operations)
- Exceeded 99% compliance across operations in air and water since 1997.
- Operating well below regulatory air and water limits
- Implemented strategy to minimize carbon footprint and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- 66% GHG (Green House Gas) reduction in Edmundston and Madawaska since 1990
- 45% of our electricity comes from self-generated steam
- 98% of solid residue is diverted from landfills to be used for local composting, land amendment, and energy production
- Reducing its carbon footprint by continually increasing the amount of energy derived from carbon-neutral energy sources such as biomass and heavy liquor.
- 82% of the mill’s energy came from carbon-neutral sources
- Reducing its fossil fuel consumption by 80% since 2006 and our boilers operate oil-free during normal operating days
For more information please contact:
Manager, Environment & Technical
Phone & Fax: (506) 737-2359