Sustainability is Important to Us.
At Twin Rivers, sustainability plays an integral role in our operations and processes. By introducing environmentally responsible practices into every step of our product development, facility design, operations and maintenance practices, we are reducing emissions and production costs whenever possible.
We’ve accomplished this both by improving our energy recovery capabilities and focusing on developing more natural, lightweight paper products.
Energy conservation and paper production highlights include:
- Steam heat captured from our paper processing reduces our need for energy
- 82% of our energy is now derived from carbon-neutral sources (2015)
- Fuel consumption has been reduced by 80% since 2006
- Greenhouse gas emissions have decreased by 66% since 1990
- Substantial energy savings resulting from the installation of 40 high-efficiency variable frequency drives
- Composting, energy generation and other re-use processes now divert 98% of our solid process waste from landfills
- Increased pulping yield achieved through innovative knot refining, pulp recovery program
We believe that it’s not enough that our operations are environmentally sustainable. That’s just good business. It’s also important that we offer our customers paper products that are made with sustainable materials.
Twin Rivers Paper customers enjoy the freedom to choose from different fiber certifications and the amount of recycled content, fluorochemical-free and natural, unbleached fiber in their paper. Plus, all of our products are certified to third-party program standards, ensuring that they are sourced responsibly throughout the supply chain.
Sustainable sourcing and recycling highlights include:
- Compostable and recyclable papers
- Papers manufactured with unbleached pulp
- Papers manufactured without the use of fluorochemicals
- Procurement of 100% of our fiber from controlled or certified wood sources
- Developed the capability to produce papers with 10-100% post-consumer waste
As the demand for natural fiber papers continues to grow, Twin Rivers has introduced Acadia® Natural, an environmentally responsible and unbleached lineup of lightweight packaging papers that are an optimal choice for a wide variety of applications, such as food service (QSR), retail food and consumer packaging. Combined with Acadia® EcoBarrier, an innovative, sustainable substrate that’s oil- and grease-resistant, fluorochemical-free, recyclable and compostable, Twin Rivers delivers cost effective, dependable and sustainable solutions for the packaging market.
Working to develop more sustainability into your product packaging? We can help. Contact us today.
For more information about our line of sustainable packaging papers or to request a sample of Acadia® EcoBarrier or Acadia® Natural, please contact one of our dedicated sales professionals at 1-855-542-2852 or
All of Twin Rivers’ papers are certified to Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) fiber sourcing program standards. Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) chain of custody (FSC COO2686), SFI chain of custody (CERT-0090590) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certfication™ (PEFC™) chain of custody (CERT-0090590) certified paper is available upon request.