Our goal is to minimize environmental impact while using our resources efficiently.
We voluntarily publish our performance data by facility, driving accountability and providing transparency of information.
- Exceeded 99% compliance across operations in air and water since 1997.
- Operating well below regulatory air and water limits
- Implemented strategy to minimize carbon footprint and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- 67% GHG reduction in Edmundston and Madawaska since 2006
- 0.15 MT eq Co2/t in 2012
- Diverted solid residue from landfills to be used for local composting, land amendment and energy production
- 248,000 metric tonnes used for beneficial reuse (2012) = 96%
- Reducing its carbon footprint by continually increasing the amount of energy derived from carbon-neutral energy sources such as biomass and heavy liquor. In 2012, 82 percent of the mill’s energy came from carbon-neutral sources, a 12% improvement since 2006
- Reducing its fossil fuel consumption by 80% since 2006 and our boilers operate oil-free during normal operating days
For more information please contact:
Manager Pulp & Environment
Phone & Fax: (506) 737-2359